Books I Hope My Son Will Read
This list is a work in progress. I expect much to be added and some to be removed.
Elementary School Years
- There’s No Such Thing as a Dragon - Don’t ignore your problems, they’ll only get bigger. Dragons guard that which we want most.
Middle School Years
- My Side of the Mountain - Do dangerous things, carefully.
High School Years
- The Book of Mormon - The roots of the family culture you inherited. It will make your mom happy.
- Atlas Shrugged - Glorification of the best within us. Pride in producing.
- The Odyssey - Leave home. Pursue glory. Come back. Redeem the fallen.
- Human Action - The most significant book on the economics of liberty you will ever own.
- The Book of Mormon - Again. This time with purpose. Find out if it is true.
Family Building Years
- Parent Effectiveness Training - You’re a rookie. We all are.
- Dumbing Us Down: the Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling - The leviathan stole so much tradition from us.
- The Book of Mormon - Again. Because everything changes with a family.